The Indigenous Education Leadership Institute based at Queensland University of Technology is lead by Dr Chris Sarra and underpinned by the Stronger Smarter Philosophy:
1. Acknowledging, embracing and developing a positive sense of Aboriginal identity in schools;
2. Acknowledging and embracing Aboriginal leadership in schools and school communities;
3. ‘High expectations’ leadership to ensure ‘high expectations’ classrooms, with ‘high expectations’ teacher / student relationships;
4. Innovative and dynamic school models in complex social and cultural contexts; and
5. Innovative and dynamic school staffing models, especially for community schools.
The Pathways Project draws upon good ideas in education to provide learning opportunities for kids not currently in school, training or work. It is a work in progress and we are exploring ways of working with this philosophy.